We identify the main environmental risks currently in play and we develop concrete plans of action to mitigate the effects that our company has on its surroundings.
The activities that we carry out do not have a significant impact on the environment or present a risk for climate change or biodiversity.
Prosegur Security and Prosegur Alarms
Low impact. The most significant aspects are paper consumption, consistency and fuel consumption, as well as the generation of mostly low hazard waste, such as paper and cardboard.
- Target for reducing direct CO2 emissions of the armoured vehicle fleet by 1.5% by 2020 in all countries in which the Prosegur Cash business operates.
- Signed a new contract with an electrical energy supplier in Spain, guaranteeing that 100% of its electricity will come from renewable sources.
- Innovation in the armoured vehicle fleet through the acquisition of twelve hybrid armoured vehicle units (diesel and electric) by 2020.
- Incorporation of a hybrid and electric fleet into our operation vehicles and substituting fuel-driven motorbikes with electric units.
- Launching the model of a shared fleet of ecological vehicles via a reservation platform, which allows us to reserve the use of a vehicle for certain time slots, reducing the number of vehicles on the road and emissions generated.
- The use of approved suppliers who guarantee their process for recycling pneumatics or managing the disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.